Saturday 13 February 2016

What is music?

Wow...this is certainly a big question, one that a lot of people may not have an answer to. 

In my experience, music can be defined by one word. Emotion. Yes, it might be broad, but isn't that what music is anyway? 


I'll expand on my point...


Music can create emotion in seconds, whether it's the style, speed, notes, volume, or simply a memory that jumps into your head from a particular song. 


When you go to the gym, the music played there usually has pumping bass, is upbeat, and may be 3 or 4 minutes long per track. The reason? So it creates motivation and energises the listener! 


This is just one example of how music can work in the right environment, and there are countless other examples, such as ballads, rock anthems, reggae, drum and bass and metal. I'm sure you can think of situations where these music styles would be perfect!


So what is music? I suppose I could expand on my definition now. Music is love, hate, experience, happiness, sadness, and most importantly...anything you want it to be!


This is where you get involved. What's the happiest memory you have related to music? It could be anything, whether playing it, listening to it, or whatever! Why not share and get others involved? It would be great to hear your thoughts.


Until the next post, Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment